Free School Meals
- Published: Monday, 13 June 2022 11:06
If you feel you meet ‘any’ of the requirements for Free School Meals then please apply online through the Southend on Sea City Council pages.
To apply it is really easy, all you will need to do is put your name, date of birth, address, telephone, email address, national insurance number/national asylum seeker service reference number and your child’s Name and Date of Birth.
If you qualify, we should be notified by Southend City Council that you are eligible and we will update our systems. If you have received confirmation and this has not been updated, please send in your confirmation email and we can update.
To qualify for receiving free school meals you need to satisfy the ‘any’ of the eligibility criteria shown below.
- Income Support.
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance.
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
- Child Tax Credit - but no element of Working Tax Credit - and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)) that does not exceed £16,190.
- If you are supported under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit.
- Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after your employment finishes or after you start to work less hours per week.
- Universal Credit
IMPORTANT: Please inform the school if your benefit stops, as if you are in receipt of free school meals and you no longer receive any of the above benefits you may have to repay for the free school meals taken